Sunday, September 28, 2014

Foodie in Melaka.


#1

This will be a post containing my 3d2n trip in Melaka with my mates. It was actually a food trip because I never felt hungry once , the whole trip. When my stomach has a little space, we will then eat again filling it up. Besides that, we also went to a few themed cafes which I'm eager to go since forever. I was so glad that they put up to my hobby of visiting cafes. 

Keep this post in your bookmark if you tend to visit Melaka , because I'm gonna introduce you the places where I've visited for food and it was all good!



#2


#3

We stayed in an apartment instead of hotels and it was a pleasant place with 3 rooms and kitchen with only rm450 for two nights! 

It's ridiculously cheap with the beautiful and new interior they offer us with aircond in three rooms and also in the living , huge kitchen , with astro and most importantly, WIFI!!!


#4

Visited Klebang Beach , and was happy with the pictures I took. hehehe.



#5

Softer era of me ; looking all girly.

Klebang Beach is ten times cleaner than Port Dickson . The sand is really white too. It's worth a visit!



And 

now, the food pictures begins!



#6

Jonker 88 

where it's famous for Nyonya Laksa.

Unfortunately, we were late that day thus, they only have asam laksa left which was still good!



#7

Of course, and their Durian Cendol and Gula Melaka Cendol which is a must have with your bowl of goodness. 

This place is a must go in Melaka. Your trip will never be complete without having them!


Since it was during weekends , we get to visit Jonker Night market which only happens on weekends. The previous time I visited was on weekdays because we wanted to avoid the crowd. This is actually my first time visited the Night Market, and was very excited with their street food!



#8



#9

One for RM2 ; unfortunately the peanut butter filling was too little!

NOONE CAN SAY NO TO PEANUT BUTTER!



#10

BBQ Potato Chips ;
made from Scratch. 

One stick with a potato each, only cost rm3 is all good. They even offer different kinds of toppings like wasabi, cheese, bbq and various choices which I don't remember. It is one of the best selling snacks compared to other stalls among foreigners. 

Because , potato is awesomeeee.  



#11

A super tourist picture with my potato chips!



#12

Flower Pot Ice Cream.

The Small one cost RM5 ; and the large one which I'm holding is RM 7. 

They have different flavours of ice-cream and the boys chooses Yam flavour which will also be my choice. Didn't want to buy a pot for myself because it will spoil my appetite for dinner , so I shamelessly steal theirs. 

Compare to the dessert, I think they are selling their creativity. 

The topping of oreo was really good! I thought that the ice - cream will be very little but it takes 4 of us to finish it. 



#13

Tourist picture take 2, with the Jonker Walk sign . lol.



#14

Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup ,

which is located in Jalan Ong Kim Wee. 

I've never tried Capitol Satay Celup which is the no.1 famous one , but I think Ban Lee Siang is good enough.  It was a very happy dinner despite me sweating like a cow with my make up on. Is it just me or the Lime Juice they serve taste good? lol. 

It's a must visit!!



#15

Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball 

at Jalan Hang Jebat which is famous with the long queue and arrogant attitude of the workers.

You are not allowed to order as you wish. They will ask for the number of people whom is dining in, and serve you with the portion they think is sufficient. Even if you want to add rice , you have to do it at the beginning of the order and not allow to do it after a while. 

Despite the service was horrible, I think that the chicken rice was good. I never had such good chicken rice ball in my life . The last time, I had chicken rice ball with my family - it was horrible and the rice was cold. I don't really fancy rice but they were so good that I had more than 5 rice balls! Not to mention that the chicken was so gooooood too. And now, I understand why people would queue under the rain with an umbrella for this. 



#16 

San Shu Gong Durian Cendol 

Look at the cute packaging I'm holding. My friends and I actually decide to take away and had it together with the red house, rather than being mainstream eating in the place. 

I personally think that it's better than Jonker 88's Cendol. 



#17



#18

How could you forget Nadeje! 



#19

Clockwise motion ;
Double Chocolaye , Green Tea , Original and Chocolate Banana!

I recommend Chocolate Banana!



#20

Eyeing on people's cake when I have two infront of me, lols.



#21

Klebang Coconut Shake

The location is pretty absurd since it's right beside the highway which there's always difficulties of finding parking. However, the queue is still insane no matter what.

RM2.20 for this coconut shake with ice-cream! 

It was all good . It's my favorite from Melaka!



#22

Ikan Bakar Umbai

And this is one of the most satisfying dinner I had in Melaka. It's really hard to find good Ikan Bakar back in KL. It's one of the most expensive meal we have in Melaka but I give two thumbs up for it, and the price really didn't matter. 

It's so good so it's a must visit!



#23


#24

Case De Cafe

where we had late midnight coffee before we head back to KL the next day. I have visited more coffee shops but I'm gonna do it in a separate post!



#25

It was such a good awesome foodie trip with them. 

Can we do it again, pleaseeeeeee?


Hopefully this post can help you to find food in Melaka , hahahaha. xx


#soblessed