Wednesday, May 13, 2015

El Cerdo.



We have quite a number of famous restaurant which serves good pork dishes. I've tried Leonardos so this time, my friends and I went to El Cerdo. No doubt that this restaurant is one of the famous one in KL. 

El Cerdo is located in the busy street of Changkat , which is very happening. This is somewhere suitable for you whom doesn't like silence, and want love merrier ambiance. 



yes, someone is wearing cheongsam. 

Well, it was still in between the fifteen days of CNY.



I think the picture on the menu is so cute, lol.



Complimentary bread and special pig liver pate.



I know that I should have focus on the main dishes later but I need to emphasize that the pate was yummy. It goes so well with the bread. It reminds me of tuna though. 

This will be the best combination of complimentary bread I've tasted. 




Marinated Pork Shoulder Steak at RM 48

I could say that the pork is marinated well. The pork was tender. I love how they have mashed potato inbetween the steak. I think this is one of the famous main dish on the menu since it's highly recommended. I suggest you to order this because this is something different. I still couldn't get any hint from how the sauce is made though. I could only say that it tasted marvellous. 




Spicy Baby Back Ribs at RM 88 

This would be a perfect dish for someone who love spicy food. Well, I like spicy food so I give this dish two thumbs up. They fried the ribs and soaked them with their speciality sauce. My friends were complaining that it burns their tongue, while I actually add on chilli to the ribs. Also, their apple salad by the side was yummy. The dish goes so well because when your tongue is burning, you can then eat the salad to soothe it and continue to feast again!



One more close up to this spicy dish, yummms. 




German Pork Knuckle at RM 98

We didn't order the piglet so we replaced it with German Pork Knuckle instead. This deep fried pork knuckle should also be given credit to. Very Very crispy indeed! 



Also they come with side dishes of potato dumplings and sauerkraut with mustard beer sauce !

When there is potato, everything gets better. woohoo lol.



Seafood Paella at RM 98

Paella is always my must order if it's on the menu. Their portion of paella is so hearty. And to be honest, this is the best paella I ever had so far. I've always love squid ink ones, however this classic seafood paella by El Cerdo changed my mind. Not to mentioned that, the lemon which we squeeze on top has open up my appetite. 



And the size of the prawns made me very happy heheh.

They have squid hiding underneath too. This is one of the must order because it's good and filling. 

We ended this satisfying meal with a shot of vodka each. This is immediately a plus point for them.