Sunday, November 23, 2014

I have a blog, but I am not a blogger.



I have been blogging since I'm thirteen, which means 7 years ago. I started off with blogdrive and then, move to blogspot. In these 7 years, I've never stop blogging and leave my blog to dead because this is a habit - just like a routine in life. 

I started a blog because it was a trend back then. It is something 'cool' to share your daily routine and your selfies online , because being on the world wide web means you having more exposure - a step into fame. It started with something intentional and now, this space online of mine is filled with emotions because it records down my life. From this blog, I know how much I've grown and how my thoughts change as days passed. I have never regretted starting a blog , because this is my diary and something that I would love to look back to in the future. 

However, 
this doesn't mean I am a blogger. 

The term 'blogger' is something too heavy for me to handle , and something  that I don't think I can deal with. 

There are too many self-proclaimed bloggers out there , just because they have created a blog in blogspot and write a few posts about their daily routine. They blog about their life, and their thoughts. Some even expecting sponsorships because they get 'free things' by helping people to advertise their items. There are people sending Raqul Reed emails , asking for sponsorship. This make me realize how commercial this personal space are nowadays. 

When I first started blogging, I never thought that my traffic would be like this. 

I attended a few blogging events and did reviews for things. I did all of these because I am truly interested in the event and also think that whatever that people are giving me are something worth sharing. 
So, this blog is still all about me. I only share things about myself and through my own liking. Thus, I never once charge anyone when they sponsor me or I'll definitely reply their emails rejecting their offer.

 I reject their offer because I think I am not good enough for their items , not because I do not like their items or expecting a higher pay. I am never money-oriented when it comes to this. I run an online boutique and I clearly know how difficult it is to advertise though the net. I am truly grateful to the people who actually chose me out of so many better people out there to advertise their item on my page. But I know where I stand when it comes to this. I am not a professional in this and I don't intend to make my blog commercialized. 

This space of mine is solely where I want my thoughts and a diary of myself. I would love to share about myself - the places I go, the things I used and the things I like. I'd prefer to keep my blog track within my circle of life rather than exposing towards a greater field of commercialize blogging. 

I am not ready for that and I don't think I will ever be.

I truly respect professional bloggers who spend time to advertise a product. I can see their effort from their pictures and their post. They attend events , do research of what they should share online to not disappoint their readers. Some of them put in so much effort and are still not recognized.Sometimes I think it's unfair towards them who spend so much time photoshooting , explaining about something on their space gets less credit than they deserve. 

There are too many people out there who self-proclaimed as a blogger just by having a page on their own , stealing the lights which the professionals deserves. Creating a website of your own doesn't mean that you are a blogger. It requires a lot of time and effort - and also dedication , which is. something I have yet found in this field. 

This page of mine usually consists about my life , and where I share things that revolves around me.I really love to share things about what I like to do , about my own thoughts , about myself.

 I do not intend to go too far , aiming big to create a name in this field because I prefer to live in my comfort zone. I'm glad that people read my page because of me - and I want people to read my page, for me only. When things gets too commercialized, I'll lose my originality in this page. I don't like the idea of people saying that I am different online and in reality. 

I really love blogging. But, it is not the way you think it is.

I review things and that is my genuine comment and thoughts about it. I really love it when I receive emails from people because of my blog, and I reply every email. I read and I reply with the position of myself - not as a blogger. I don't think I am influential in anyway, and if you think so, thank you for recognizing me when I don't even recognize myself.  

I'd prefer to remain where I am with this page of mine , keeping the originality at this moment. 



Yes, I have a blog. 


But, I am not a blogger.




love, 
Carmen.