Tuesday, April 22, 2014

you can't make someone love you.





I’m too young to fully understand what love is, but I’ve gathered enough to know a little bit about what love isn’t.
I think a lot of times we want to convince ourselves that we are in love. We want to have that magical feeling, but what we’re missing is that it’s not something you can control. It’s not something that you can just make happen.
I think one of the biggest mistakes we ever make is believing that we can change someone or the way they feel about us. Maybe it’s human nature. Maybe it’s hopefulness. Whatever it is, we need to stop doing it.

It’s simple. You can’t make someone love you.

Honestly, if we stopped trying to change people to fit into that special place in our hearts, it may be a whole lot easier to find them, or have them find us.
I think I may have figured love out, at least a little bit.
Never try to make someone love you, no matter how much you want to. The love we truly want and the love we deserve does not need to be forced.



You can’t make someone love you;
you just have to trust that someone will. 



from thought catalog.