Tuesday, November 10, 2015

No 35



On the 35th floor at Sofitel , hence the name of the restaurant. 

No doubt that Melbourne is a city filled with good food. I am never once hungry since I step into that city. I only know that their brunch culture is strong, and never really did try their fine dinner so I requested for one ( more like insisting on one). 

This place serve contemporary European food with a commanding views of Melbourne city. Night city lights are my favourite. That is because I agree to 'Stars can't shine without darkness.' 



This is upon arrival. 

Gosh, how beautiful.



I need a picture with this - because I am a tourist. The view is too good to be true.




Complimentary bread and butter.
The bread was a little dry but the butter was melted which is easy for us to dip or apply on it. 






Sashimi Kingfish at $26

Decided on a gluten-free starter since it sound healthier after stuffing myself with good brunch everyday. Kimchi-marinated watermelon which was so good with matsushia dressing. Not to mention that the kingfish was so fresh that they do not even need to cook it but serving it raw. This starter is so much of a good stuff.





Gippsland Fresh braised beef  $40

I ordered the steak medium and it was good- not too dry. I love the roasted baby carrots which was already caramelized before they even cook. Potato puree was yummy and topped with bordelaise sauce which makes the combination all perfect.  




Tasmanian Wild Clover Roast rump of Lamb $42

The lamb hit on point since it was juicy. Something special about this dish is where they use a little bit of chocolate sauce. I love the butternut pumpkin puree and roasted artichokes.




Seared King salmon $38

Charcoal grilled baby cos at its best topped with scallops with Avruga Caviar. Garlic cream with chimichurri for the sauce makes this gluten free dish , perfect. 



Sauteed mixed garlic Mushrooms $10 , as our sides. 



Nothing beats good food, a good glass of wine and fascinating view.







This is life.




And of course, 
not forgetting the best part of a dinner!

Dessert :D



Crème caramel $16
Tonka bean custard, fresh berries and raisins, teardrop meringue and edible flowers.



Everything sums up in a picture.



Overall, no35 gave me a great night. This dining experience is one of the best I ever had.







no35   Sofitel Melbourne On Collins, 
Level 35, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000