Saturday, March 12, 2016

New York Cafe


The New York Cafe located inside the luxurious Boscolo Budapest Hotel , which was used to be called the New York Palace. This cafe would be one of the most luxurious and beautiful ones I've ever visited in my entire life - so far. I did some research before I started my Budapest trip and this cafe is one of the must visit place in Budapest. I swear that there will not be any regrets sparing an hour or two to admire this place 

This place is really a vintage that Hungarians appreciate because it survived through World War II. They have preserved the original decorations since their old days which make them famous now. Not to mentioned that , The New York Cafe was voted as the most beautiful cafe in the world which they truly deserve. 

Once I step into this coffee house, I almost forget that I am actually here in a cafe. Everything inside is magnificent , covered with the charm of Belle Époque. The Venetian-styled lamp hanging on the ceiling reflects the gold plated walls so beautifully that it created a myriad of colours. I wondered how much effort they have put to ensure the beauty of their sophisticated interior to ensure that it sweeps everyone that steps into this cafe  away. 






Besides, they recalled many actors, painters and intellectuals preserving and appreciating the art from the golden days back then





I swear that every detail were so fine. The beauty of gold with vintage interiors reminds me so much of royalty. 



And I was so thankful that my friends and I got a good seat by the side. 


Felt like I'm having teatime like a royalty.


This is how they serve americano.

I didn't know that a simple cup of black coffee could be so ... sophisticated. I was actually amazed by the presentation. 


 White chocolate cheesecake which goes perfectly with my black coffee. 

I expected more from this cheesecake. Rather than the price, I would say the quality they should present based on their reputation. It didn't meet up to my expectation since it is not soft enough. There is a plus point that they keep their biscuit based minimal and savory.



Chocolate mousee

Not a chocolate fan but this is a must order here. It was creamy and soft. I love how they coat it with coffee powder to balance up the sweetness. Plus point when it goes the strawberry sorbet. 






#candid  - needa keep my mouth close. 





look at the magnificent view , oh my god.



toilet break.


and more pictures to be kept as memories;





And until now I wonder -
why is it called New York Cafe instead of Budapest Cafe. 


lol.



New York Cafè -Boscolo Hotel Budapest, Budapest, Erzsébet krt. 9, 1073 Hungary