Monday, August 27, 2018

Heesan Kopi


I often do a day trip to Melaka. The last time, it was 3d2n which I think it's too long because many sight seeing and food hunting could be done in just a day time. So this time, it's just a 2d1n trip which is just nice - without any rush , and being able to relax throughout the whole short getaway. 

I've already went to the tourist spots a numerous of times, so I decided to skip most of it. I did not purposely head to Windmill Dutch Square , I was just at Jonker street. So this time, it is a complete relax trip/.



My favourite nyonya laksa at Jonker 88. This is in Jumbo bowl , and I would suggest to go for the normal one because it's huge. Baba Kahwin Laksa is pretty special since it's the combination of Nyoya Laksa and Baba Laksa , the soup based is more watery - almost taste like curry. 

And for Nyonya food , I would Recommend Atlantic 1 Nyonya Restaurant;


Yeap, it's for two person.

I would recommend you to try the pineapple fried rice because it's super good
 - and classic nyonya dishes like Nyonya Chicken Rendang. Personally, I don't really like Ayam Ponteh so we didn't order it. We tried pandan rice too , and it taste special but not to my liking.
This place is 100% halal , and I will come back for their nyonya food because it's really good.


I would like to recommend a cafe , located in Jonker street. The daily Fix is good but the queue doesn't make sense sometimes - and we need to queue for at least 30 mins just to get a seat and sometimes, 45 minutes to get their pancakes served.  I wanted to get a cuppa , and I really don't want to wait in the heat to get a seat for that.

I didn't actually do any research for this cafe - I just randomly came across Instagram the day before. I am so glad that I visited Heesan Kopi.



This cafe is really insta-worthy since they put so much effort on their interior. Their theme reminds me back to the 90s oriental days , with different wall paintings. They also have ratten chairs which matches the theme of their cafe. And every corner of this cafe screams cozy.  They mainly use natural light, and their air condition is in full blast so it is really comfortable. 




this is my favourite view from the place I sat. 



The cafe is really spacious , and the ambiance was so on point that I didn't wanna leave the whole noon. 





We didn't order any food since we are so stuffed ; so we spent an hour or two to chill before Jonker street starts.

This cafe is the perfect place for one to hide from the hot weather while waiting for dinner. Also, you can hang around and take pictures.







Restoran Atlantic 1 Nyonya Food
99, Jalan Kampung Hulu, Kampung Satu, 75200 Melaka

Heesan Kopi
100, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka