Saturday, February 21, 2015

I was never hungry during my childhood.


Another food post because I don't want my pictures to go waste. Also, this is something that I never share before. 

Actually, I only start to have western food often ever since I start to keep my weight on check. Before that, my whole life is all about chinese food - from my first meal to supper. It was really difficult for me to cut off the habits of having them ( yes, I'm very chinese in a way) . I'll need to have rice or at least, noodles at least once a day. However, I'm glad that I've successfully cut this habit off. Slowly, I don't carve for chinese or mamak anymore. Both of these are the killer in diet plans - and it took me years. 

Sometimes, I do walk down the memory lane by visiting the same old restaurants. I even bring some of my friends to the restaurants. I think it's nice to share something of your past or childhood to people around you. I like people sharing things that doesn't involve me in the past which gives them a lot of happiness. 

For me , most of them are food lol.



Ooi Noodle House





Their pork noodles is really yummy and we need to wait for at least an hour during peak hours or on weekends. I have this since I'm very young and often throw tantrum at my family for waiting. Despite how good this bowl of noodles is, I will not visit during peak time. 

Waiting for an hour is too much!




Port Village Seafood Restaurant



This place is located near Port Klang at Tanjung Harapan , which is very dodgy. However, we have google map and waze now. Since I'm little, this is my family's favourite place for seafood besides very famous Coconut Flower in Telok Gong. Compare to coconut flower, the price is a little bit more higher. 

Not to mention that the environment is better. My family watch the sun sets. It's really romantic to have Marmite Crab in your hands while looking at the sun sets. This is a different kind of romance you would want to go through, I swear. Their salted egg yolk crab and Marmite Crab is to die for. 





Restaurant Puchong Yong Tau Fu


Dry Pan Mee.



Pan Mee.




Curry Mee.


And finally, their famous yong tau foo.

Their speciality is of course, yong tau foo. You get to pick your own type and they will do it for you on the spot. They also serve super good pan mee. Personally, I like the wet one better than the dry pan mee. Curry noodles was just nice only, you can find better ones outside. 

I like their combination because it's all my favourite food together. They also have chinese ala carte dish. It's located at Bandar Puteri. 





Ah Wah Hokkien Mee , Jalan 222



This would be so good with the chilli sprinkle with a little lime. I can't believe that I didn't touch this plate of goodness for two years during my intense diet. This would be the killer of all chinese food. They have other noodles available but I'll only recommend this. Petaling Street one may be good , but we also have one in PJ lol. 



Seng Kee Restaurant



This is my childhood supper besides hokkien mee ; and this is the place we always go because it opens till 4am. It's located at the back of Petaling Street at Jalan Sultan. I only brought one of my friend here for this , because I really love this. It would be too much for two person but it has been a while since I last visit. 

It recalls back all the times where my family and I would travel down to KL just for this. I swear that my whole house is filled with nigh owls. We sleep ridiculously late and wake up even later in the noon. We will never make it for breakfast, lol. To think back, my childhood is filled with happiness because my tummy is always filled. God, I was never hungry. 



Their super famous Stir-Fried Roasted Pork Noodle ( Siew Yok Mee) which is the best thing ever . I will choose this over hokkien mee a million times. I don't really like Siew Yok because I think the fats in pork belly is disgusting ; however it is an exception for this dish because their siew yok is covered with sweet sauce and garlic. 



Look at them siew yok rolling , lol. 

My family would order the whole plate of siew yok because the amount serve on the noodles is not enough.



Claypot Lou Shu Fun ,
which I always prefer it to be a little bit more dry.



Even though they are located by the street ( literally road side), their prices do not align with their environment. They even have the menu ready. Personally, I love it because I grow up with this.






This is something about me that I never thought I'll share. This will not be said as something very personal, but definitely something that grow together with me. They are the edges of every pieces of my memory because food is very important lol. I have them from the first meal to supper. However, this is something I realize that I couldn't be doing every single day. Well, it's nice walking down the memory lane once in a while right? lol. 

This is also a part of me. 

If you're interested the address are here ;




Ooi Noodle House 
8, Jalan SS 15/4b, Ss 15, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor

Restoran Puchong Yong Tau Fo
No 21, Jalan Puteri 2/2 Bandar Puteri 47100, Puchong

Port Village Seafood Restaurant
LMS A 12800,Tanjung Harapan, 42000 Pelabuhan Klang (North Porth)

Ah Wah Hokkien Mee
Restoran Millennium Eighty Six
Jalan 20/22, Taman Paramount,Petaling Jaya.

Seng Kee Restaurant
52, Jalan Sultan, 50000 Kuala Lumpur (Near Swiss Inn)