Saturday, February 27, 2016

Mart 130



I just came across this draft which I've prepared a while ago but forgotten about it. This post was probably half a year back but I decided to not let it go waste. I believe that there are more but we will just take one step at a time because there is too many that I want to share. 

gosh, this formality isn't me at all. 

By saying that this is my favourite place for brunch in Melbourne will be a lie because every corner of the streets has a hidden gem that is yet to be discovered. However, Mart 130 is definitely one of the famous one. Besides being featured in 'Unfold' series which is a famous short clip in Malaysia, I think their unique location plays one of the huge role of their popularity. This cafe is located at Middle Park tram stop for tram 96 - which is pretty cool. 



A refurbished place. 

I've always appreciate that.





Well, this would be my favourite spot of the place. I love how that they use natural lightning. It was pretty cold when I visited so the sun gave me a lot of comfort. The table used are actually old benches if you notice. And they have a railing with a flat top that enable you to put your coffee away if you were to have your meal since the place is pretty limited. This is simply very innovative of them. Every cafe in Melbourne city amazed me. Every single one.



I hope you find calmness in this picture. 

Because I feel at peace that time. 




my view.



A cup of cappucino priced at $4.

I was a little disappointed when I see no coffee art. Melbourne is a city filled with art. Undoubtedly, they have good food presentation that satisfied the tastebuds. Their architecture are fascinating. I just expect every kind of art in every little things in that city.



random selfie out of no where.







Poached eggs, Harris Smoked Salmon, fresh spinach with sour cream with Organic Sourdough Toast
$18.90

This is too raw for my liking. However, I like how their poached eggs are on point. Their sour cream does go well with their salmon. Personally, I'd prefer something heavier as my first meal of the day. I need those energy to sustain me through the day, literally.




Bacon, Spinach with Caramelized Onion and potato hash, topped with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce , sourdough toast 
$18.90

I'd prefer this compared to the first one. I love caramelized onions alot and everything just goes well with bacon and potato. This dish was filling and indeed perfect. Though it was slightly heavier, but I think it satisfied my tastebuds. 



an appreciation post for this.






I was glad that it was kinda empty when I visited so there is no need to squeeze around or to queue. The weather was a little cold but the sun shining through was making it really comfortable. Actually, this place is famous for their corn fritters but I didn't order them which I instantly regret because I was trying to make a choice between the smoked salmon and corn fritters. 
If I were have another chance to visit this place again, corn fritters would definitely be my choice.

This place screams for picture perfect.








flower & I - just for laugh.







Mart130 Cafe
107A Canterbury Road
Middle Park VIC 3206