Friday, February 19, 2016

Brew & Brownie.


I am back for more coffee break updates!

Brew & Brownie, is one of the independent coffee stores in York. I've always been a fan of independent coffee stores and glad to be able to visit them in different city. 

It's a classic cafe down the welcome street of York - their vintage tiles, brown paper menus clipped on the board , wooden counter ( which is my favourite kind) and classic jam jar lampshade would make you feel like you've step into a hidden cozy counter. Another tick on the box is where they have jazz on the play while it was raining heavily outside. 
My friends and I feel very welcomed and relax , especially after running under the rain to look for a roof.





They serve brunch and famous for their sandwiches. Since we have all eaten brunch somewhere else, we are here for their famous brownies and cakes. 


hi.


We settled down with both of their famous Brownie. I believe that they name their place brew&brownie for a reason.

After contemplating and bickering about which we should order, we settled with peanut butter brownie and classic chocolate brownie.



I would like the peanut butter one compared to the chocolate flavour. Chocolate was really rich and it is not much to my liking. The hint of sweetness in peanut butter was just on point. I was really glad that it was not as sweet as I thought. I do not appreciate cakes that practically taste like I am eating sugar cubes. 

The brew was amazing.
The beans are sourced from Carvetii coffee, one of the artisan roastery at Lake District. Another thing I love about the UK is , every city have their coffee beans sourced from different artisan roastery. I would want to have a taste of their classic black coffee but I can't give up on a good cup of cappucino sprinkled with coco powder on top. To have a good taste of the brew, black coffee should be the choice but I keep rebelling over this. 




The three of us have Cappucino, Latter and Macchiato and funny how the cups are so distant with size. 


good brew and brownies on rainy days is a bliss. 







x




 5 Museum St, York YO1 7DT