Sunday, October 7, 2018

Tosca


I always suggest Italian food whenever it comes to dinner ; or, it would be French. 

This is almost a year back , where he brought me out for new year's eve dinner - and also to celebrate our first month. Time really flies ; now it is already our 10th. 

We went to Tosca located in Double Tree Hilton , which is a restaurant overlooking the pool. Their restaurant is actually open aired and I am pretty lucky since I am wearing off shoulder so it was bearable. The ambiance was really great , and it's almost a full house due to their new year's eve set menu. 


They offer 6 course in the new year's eve menu , serving Italian- Malaysian fusion which is pretty interesting .


Foie Gras Terrine 

It's served in room temperature just like how I like it , which stripes of pears . The texture is very smooth , where I spread it on the bread instead of eating it alone. 

The second course was corn soup which I got a little excited that I forgot to snap a picture. 



Fresh Yabbies Angel Hair

I like how they used bisque instead of olive oil to go with the angel hair ; it made the whole dish flavourful. The roasted yabbies are pretty well seasoned but it was pretty little. 



Roasted Salmon Trout

The salmon is not fully cooked , and this showed that the chef is very confident that it's fresh. It comes with baby asparagus , salad with herbs and caviar beurre blanc. I preferred to have the salmon alone instead of going with sauce. The sauce is pretty bland , mostly taste like olive oil and mayo instead of caviar which was mentioned. 



Sous Vide Beef Pave 

This is both of our favourite dish tonight. He always love steak so it's not surprising. I don't usually choose steak but this is pretty good. Maybe cos' the steak is marinated with red wine juice. 


\
It's perfect.



They actually serve Belgian Chocolate Sphere for dessert but I don't take chocolate so I changed it to tiramisu. 
Their tiramisu was amazing , since it's drenched with alcohol. They are pretty generous with the portion. 


Everything was great , and we get to watch fireworks in Element hotel right after. 
It scares me that 2018 is ending in two months time. 

and here's my selfie ; 




x.