Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Galvin la Chapelle


Here comes the overdue posts in my drafts , from almost two years ago.

I have many more dining experience to share when I was in London . Unfortunately, I forgot what actually happened because it was too long ago. Now I am trying to recall some of it from here and there from my memory. 

I chose this place for my birthday lunch, since it has good reviews - and also, it is at Shoreditch which is one of my favourite place in London. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Brick Lane?




I chose Galvin La Chapelle. Many people will opt for Galvin at Windows for their beautiful settings. I didn't choose that since we need to make reservations way earlier and we didn't know if we were free on that day. Making plans two months earlier is not for me , especially with random travelling plans around.

I preferred French Restaurants in London, compared to Italian. In Malaysia, there are not many good French Restaurants. 




I really love high ceiling interiors.

Anyone knows which restaurants which gives out good settings like this?




Waiting for food - and god, we were so young. As for me, I was so bloated from all the eating. 


As lazy as we are, we go for the gourmet lunch set where they already minimize the choices for us. I am pretty indecisive when it comes to my main and I can never finish two mains. I gotta leave some room for desserts.



Is it just me or do you guys get excited to see complimentary bread?

Do you guys like different butter flavour or the classic vinegar and olive oil?

Tell you what, 
Sometimes if the bread is yummy, I will just go for the bread itself. 

I can actually eat ANY white bread without anything. 



nope, no olives. 

We promised to cut down on wine, but still going against our own promises. 

Having my favourite Pinot Grigio !


For Starter -
Tartare of Duck Liver , Zucchini , Wasabi Mustard and Coriander  

Nope, not gonna order soup or salad as starters for French. 




For Main ,
Seared fillet of seabream, Mashed Potatoes , coated with light sauce 


This is my first time ordering fish as main. The inner Chinese in me always tell me that, fish should be cooked in the Chinese way. I always thought that fish cooked in the Chinese/classic Asian way tastes the best besides Salmon. The other two choices was steak, or risotto so I chose this. I wasn't feeling either way and I am glad that I picked this. 

It is not exactly great but the fish was flavourful and tender. I cannot deal with mushy texture especially when it comes to fish. The texture was great but the flavour was a little too mild for it. 


For dessert, 
Lemon Crumble Tart , with Lemon Orange crème with White Chocolate Srips

I love this. 

Basically, I love everything with Lemon Cream top - where it leans towards the sour side. I like how the sour taste matches with savory biscuits. 
Sweet biscuits based is a no no.



Complimentary Macarons from the restaurant for my birthday.

I actually thought it was chocolate but it is actually coffee beans used as decorations. I even asked for a spoon -.-



It was a good dining experience with Galvin Restaurants. 


Companion of the day - with the same taste of wine, and matching colours.