Tuesday, February 12, 2019

EBISU x Whiskey Cove


Japanese cuisine is never my first choice when it comes to food selection however, this changed over the years. Now, I usually crave for them from time to time. When the Pavilion Hotel Kuala Lumpur approached me for a weekend review, I was delighted when I see Ebisu on the itinerary.

Ebisu is located in Pavilion Hotel managed by Banyan Tree , serving Japanese cuisine with a twist together with extensive drinks list. Ebisu actually works as a restaurant and bar. 



The interior is blending traditional Japanese sense of zen with elegance - just like how the food they present, being innovative but not forgetting the classic Japanese cuisine. 

Here I am presenting the Chinese New Year 6 course meal.


What is Chinese New Year without Yee Sang ; the ingredients contains of the classic with jellyfish, salmon and slices of thin abalone. To be honest, this is one of the best yee sang I had. 



Appetizer 
Chilled Sesame Curd with Wasabi Soy Sauce
Simmered Spinach with Bonito Stock

I expected this to be in tofu texture but it is actually more dense than I thought. It is harder than tofu but softer than normal jelly - fitting right in between. The sesame smell was so strong and blends so well with the wasabi on top. The curd has to be eaten with the wasabi together to enhance the taste. The appetizer is already a twist in Japanese cuisine. 



Raw Fish
Fresh Salmon & Tuna served with Salad in “Yee Sang” Style

There is nothing much to say about this because the salmon literally melts in my mouth , making me craving for more! I am actually a fan of Tuna but here , the salmon beats the tuna because it literally melts. Tuna was really fresh too. 

If you ever visit Ebisu , please order their raw meat. This is worth the price that you are paying. 




Steamed Dish
Steamed Egg Custard with Crab Meat & Salmon Roe

This Chawanmushi is not ordinary at all. The texture of their egg custard is a little more denser on the top and once you break in, it is soft. I am actually surprised because steamed egg custard are usually denser at the bottom. I like how the salmon roe pop in my mouth when it comes altogether with the egg custard.



Grilled Dish
Grilled Cod Fish Preserved with Miso Paste Served with Assorted Vegetables

Now it doesn't surprise me anymore. Their Cod Fish is fresh and grilled to a perfection where its crunchy on the skin and the meat is soft. The Teppanyaki chicken at the side reminds me of the Chinese dish  ' Pat Kuat Wong'  but is more mild in taste so that it doesn't steal the attention from the Cod Fish and Prawns. Prawns are great , and they do have meat in the prawn head. 

Nothing ever goes wrong with my favourite Tamago - but a quick note that their tamago is very compact compared to the other ones you can find out there .



Noodle
Chilled Buckwheat Noodle with Hot Duck Dipping Sauce

This is the ever first time I have buckwheat Noodle with Hot Dipping Sauce because usually, it serves with cold sauce. This dish is very comforting and serves as a great savory main. 



Dessert
Green Tea Ice Cream Served with Fresh Sliced Fruits

The green tea ice cream leans on the sweeter side and personally I prefer it a lil bitter with more matcha. 


Besides green tea, they do have two other flavours which is Black Sesame and Yuzu. I've tried all the flavours. Many voted for Yuzu Flavour which is very refreshing since it's a little sour and icy in texture. For me, I'll go for the Black Sesame because it's not that sweet and the texture is very dense which I love. 


Here is my happy face after all the good food.


Ebisu always design their course meals according to occasion. Besides their staple Auspicious 6 course meals (RM198) and 3 course lunch sets (RM90) , they tailor their course meals according to occasion. 

Since it is close to valentines, they have their valentines course meal now at RM420nett per couple.  The details are always up on their websites. 


After dinner, you can head up to Whiskey Cove for a drink .


This timeless whisky venue features a cosy atmosphere , comfortable seating . This is the perfect venue for one to relax after a whole stressful weekend , or after a dinner date when you want to know one another better. We cannot deny that alcohol does sparks something up sometimes. 

You can get creative right here, blending your own whisky to take home or keep it for your next visit.



You know that he actually brings out good stuff for you when he proudly display it on the table. These are pretty rare in KL bar scene . 



DAMN.


I didn't choose anything on the drinks menu. I requested him to actually mix for me on the spot with something sweet and mild. Mine was with Antica Formula , and wow it was great. I took sip by sip to enjoy it.

If you are hungry again, no worries - they do serve food. 


Perfect night out for me. 

You see, when you end a day with alcohol, it's either great things happened or things get ugly. For me, it is all about the great things. 


x.