Thursday, January 17, 2019

Cafe hopping in Seminyak, Bali

#1

I am back for more Bali updates. This time , it's all about the cafes. I pick out a few from the ones that I've visited. It feels like the whole Kuta and Seminyak is crowded with cafes, and we could easily find one around the corner. There wouldn't be any problem to fix your caffeine addiction. 

One advise for you when you are in Kuta or Seminyak , book your hotel rooms without breakfast and have brunch. Their brunch is very Australian inspired , and many with local twist. Beside having great cafes, they do have a few nice restaurants with good food too.


THE DECK SEMINYAK

#2

This place wasn't in the itinerary , we were just walking around town after our second brunch ( yes, second brunch) and came across this place. I was really like how this little shop is . It's called the White Peacock Shop. 

#3

Look at how beautiful the entrance is. 
They sell bohemian wears and accessories. It is really cute in there.  

He suggested to head upstairs after looking at the signboard that they serve fresh juices and smoothie bowls. You have no idea how many smoothie bowls we had during the trip. It was rather cheap and the fruits are so fresh! 

#4

#5

#6

This place is really comfortable. I like how small and quiet it is. It was just only us that time. He told me that their playlist is on point too. 

#7

We ordered one smoothie each because we don't wanna share. I don't know how we did it because we hopped from two cafes before ending up here. 

The Avocado Mango Smoothie is really yummy. It's not as creamy as I thought ; more like a drink with little ice cubes. It's really refreshing.

#8

#9

And I love how both of our outfits are so on point ;

#10

I wouldn't say that this is a must visit when you are in Bali but it is definitely worth visiting if you passed by or wanting to take a break. Many famous brunch place are crowded. This is the kind of place you would wanna stop by to refresh yourself. 

It is located above White Peacock Shop ; if you couldn't find it on the map.


SISTERFIELDS

#11

This place is famous but I didn't drop by for brunch ; I drop by for their famous Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl after my brunch. The crowd is really crazy. The interior didn't amaze me but the smoothie was not bad tho. 

#12

The coffee was amazing. 


#13

Here is me and the awesome coffee.


KIM SOO


#14

#15

#!6

#17

#18

Kim Soo is a design space that actually sell stylish, sleek and exotic homewares. They do have cafes , serving coffee and light bites. I like how they mixed minimalism with ceramic marble design for the cafe.  

COFFEE CARTEL BALI

#19

For pink chai latte, head over to Coffee Cartel.

They even serve Sesame latte. I didn't have much pictures of the interior but they are all pink, white and filled with tiles. A very cute place but a little humid. The sun shines directly into the cafe but no worries, because only Asian would want to avoid the sun. And many of them are Caucasian . 


MAD POPS 

#20

#21

You need Mad pops in the hot weather . Everything is made freshly with fruits. The one I had was dragonfruit and mango . It's not sweet at all . 


SEA CIRCUS BALI

#22

This is my favorite brunch place in Bali and have blogged about it HERE


#23

#24 

Everything screams SUMMER. 



GARDIN BISTRO


#25

When I first came across to this place on instagram , I know that I need to go there. Gardin is crowned one of the most romantic place for dinner and famous for afternoon tea. However, I decided to visit during lunch so that I could enjoy the glasshouse view and their menu is almost the same anyways. 


#26

#27

#28

#29

The sun shines directly through the glass windows but it is not hot at all. It's actually pretty cold since their aircond is on full blast.  The area is not really huge but could fit at least 15 people comfortably. The glass house is surrounded by a mini garden. This is a different kind of luxury , surrounded by nature.


#30

The seafood chowder is so amazing - with generous portion of seafood and potatoes with the right texture. I like it a little thicker because for me, only chinese soup can be watery. 


#31

#32

Steak and Eggs with Croissant. 
It's one of the recommendations on the menu , and it taste pretty alright - however, the steak is all slice.

#33

#34

I felt that I should have visited for afternoon tea instead for lunch because afternoon tea set seems pretty nice. For their brunch and lunch menus , they do change occasionally so you got to keep track on their updates. 


BOSSMAN 

#35

This is on my TO GO list but I left it to the last day before we catch our flight home. 

#36

#37

#38

We are here for BOSSMAN Burgers. Their patties are so thick and juicy. It's literally steak! 

We didn't order any sides because we had a lot of meals from cafe hopping before this. 

#39

This is one of the best burger I've ever tasted. Juicy thick patties with caramelized onions and mushrooms with fresh veges. Even their mayonnaise taste different. Most of all, I love the buns! It's actually soft and fluffy. 

I rate this burger 10/10 !

#40

#41


KILN PETITENGET

#42

#43

#44

KILN Petitenget is located at the turning to the beach ; a very new bar and eating house that serves Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. 

We dropped by for their  skewers buffet which is really worth the money. As for me, I had quite a lot of vegetables skewers because vegetables never tasted so fine! Of course, their meat skewers are great too - I preferred chicken among other meats. They do have wraps but we didn't go too much into that. Instead of their cocktails, we settled with the classic coconut which actually costs us a bomb.

After all , it was a great dinner - and is our 10th monthsary too. 


WARUNG NIA

#45

#46

My grandma actually introduce me to this place , serving pork ribs - and wow , it's amazing. 

I like how they have set for us to choose from. We ordered a full pork ribs set that comes with two different rice and classic Balinese sides and a set of pork skewers. Their pork ribs are great and we opt for the normal flavour which is a little spicy. I love their yellow rice and how great it goes with their sambal.  
As for their pork sate , it didn't blow my mind. It was just alright - I would prefer the skewers at KILN . 



VIN+ SEMINYAK BALI

#47

#48

#49

This place is actually dining venue which specialize in wine. They are also a wine retail shop , which originates from Jakarta. Instead of wine, we went for coffee to enjoy the breeze. And trust me, they are major in wine for a reason because they serve me the worst coffee ever. 

This place is beautiful, that's why it is still up here. A good place for happy hour or sunset , but definitely not for coffee.


#50

#51

Here is my summary for the cafes/restaurants in Seminyak area. As for Ubud, we did quite a lot of sight seeing instead of chill around. 

They are more cafes that I have yet to explore. I didn't post all the cafes because I did not have enough pictures and it was not that worthy. 

I'm here to make your life easier - please check the address below. 


xx




The Deck Seminyak (White Peacock Shop ) - Jl. Kayu Jati No.1, Kerobokan Kelod
Sisterfields -  Jalan Kayu Cendana No. 7, Seminyak
Kim Soo -   Jl. Kayu Aya No.21, Kerobokan Kelod, 
Mad pops - Jl. Kayu Aya No.48, Seminyak, Kuta
Coffee Cartel Bali -  Jl. Lb. Sari No.18, Kerobokan Kelod
Sea Circus - Jl. Kayu Aya No.22, Seminyak, Kuta,
Gardin Bali - Jalan Petitenget No.106, Seminyak, Kuta,
KILN Petitenget - Jl. Petitenget No.40X, Kerobokan Kelod,
BOSSMAN - Jl. Kayu Cendana No.8B, Kerobokan Kelod
Warung Nia - Kayu Aya Square, No. 19-21., Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak, 
Vin+ Seminyak Bali - l. Kayu Jati No.1, Seminyak, Kuta Utara