Thursday, July 26, 2018

Shh.




To me, things take time. I learnt the art of patience because good things take time.Lately, I am easily triggered by little things and always resort to leaving the room as I ran out of patience to explain and to understand. 
I can confidently say that a year ago, I won't do this. 

I do not like how I give up easily, especially on people. But the selfish side of me always reminds me that - just because I spend all my time being patient to someone else, it doesn't mean that they will appreciate me. It broke my heart a few times realizing that my existence and my words are sometimes insignificant to someone else when I pour my heart to them. 

When you give all your time and effort to maintain a relationship or friendship or even want to keep things going, it is just sad that they do not stand in your shoes to consider your feelings and even throw a bomb back at you to make you feel so small. 

People changed, people grow over time. 
And I did. 

You cannot expect one to remain who they are as time passed. Yes, I understand that we shouldn't lose ourselves at the process of growing up. But I also understand that we need to grow to adapt and realize that the world is not about butterflies and unicorns anymore. We have commitments, our own interest and the way we wish to allocate our time. 


Why would someone want to comment on how other people living their lives?


To be frank, nobody owes you anything and you do not owe them any explanation about your self-growth or decision. You just have to keep doing what you are doing so that you, yourself are happy. They aren't paying your bills. They are not the one determine who you can be and what you are going to be. More importantly, they are not the one guiding you and helping you through your journey. Yet, you allow someone like that to demotivate you.

I absolutely do not care how people is going to comment on the decisions I made , so long that I am ready to pick up the responsibility of making such decision. It is very nice of them to keep telling me of the possibilities of failing. Some people just like to be overly concern with someone else's life when they should just learn how to keep their life together. 
If you cannot keep your life in track, at least learn how to shut up.


xx.